Langley Parents Teachers Friends Association
A passionate community of parents, staff, grandparents and Icenians, the LPTA is delighted to be an integral part of Langley Senior School life. Helping to improve facilities and enhance pupil learning, our mission is to:
- Develop strong and effective relationships between staff, parents, friends and pupils.
- Fundraise to enhance the education and experiences of all pupils.
- Have fun together organising and supporting events for the enjoyment of all.
How it works
- When your child joins Langley you automatically become a member of the LPTFA.
- Termly, to discuss plans, we hold evening committee meetings, which are social and open to all, featuring refreshments and time to chatter.
- Our bid system allows anyone within the school to pitch their ideas and request support for ‘extras’ outside the school budget.
- The committee appraises each bid individually. We are proud to have supported the outstanding music and drama departments, debating team, sports department, and school library, as well as many others within the school community.
- This year we are working to develop a new outside classroom and performance space.
The fun stuff
- Friday Coffee in the Car Park prior to afternoon collection every Half Term.
- A welcome Sunday Brunch for Year 6 and Year 7 parents and pupils.
- Curry and Quiz nights.
- A seasonal Ball.
- Our renowned Coffee and Cake stall at The Annual Rugby Festival.
- Running the bar at the much-loved music and drama productions.
- Afternoon tea and coffee mornings.
- Attend or help at one of our events.
- Become a committee member or just come along to our meetings.
- Share your contacts, skills, ideas and enthusiasm.
- Sponsor an event.
The opportunities are endless, and we would love to hear from you. Please do contact our Chair Helen Greenwood via email@example.com